Monday, February 23, 2009

Meet the Prices: Dad

This is Tom. He's my dad (and probably one of 6 readers of my blog). Yesterday was his birthday...he turned 55 (apparently that means he's up for some extra Senior Citizen discounts now). Happy Birthday Dad! Sorry I still haven't mailed your card...and I haven't thought of an appropriate gift. My dad is a no nonsense kind of guy. He doesn't really ask for anything and most of the time he doesn't think he needs anything.

No matter how many people I meet or how many opinions I hear, I think that my dad will always be the smartest person I know. I'm not trying to get any points, that's just how it is with dads and daughters. He's still my financial advisor and my car mechanic even though he's many miles away.

My dad has been one of the most influential people in my life. When I was seven, my dad had a radical life change which turned our whole family around. It was at the point that my dad truly began following Christ. He became involved in our church, started sharing his story, and living in a way that was totally different than what I had seen before. I would say that God used my dad to play a big part in leading me to Christ, because it was through his experience that I started asking questions and really learning what it meant to be a Christian. I accepted Christ pretty soon after that. Although that's not the only way that my dad has influenced my life, it's probably the most important.

Just wanted to say thanks Dad...and Happy Birthday (yesterday)...hopefully I'll get your card in the mail soon...and I love you!

1 comment:

Lauren Price said...

Didn't realize my brother had done the same kind of blog...I thought I was being so original.