Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year's Resolution 2008: Fullfilled

I successfully fulfilled my New Year's Resolution for 2008: to take my dating life more seriously...I know it's a little late to be announcing this, but my phone reminded me today of my resolution from 2008.
You see...there was this day in the middle of July when I hit a low point. My roomie, Kate and I were sitting on the couch chatting and an eHarmony commercial came on TV. I told her that if I wasn't dating someone in six months, I was going on eHarmony. We laughed really hard, but I think that there was a part of me that was serious about it. She didn't let me forget it...and neither did my phone. Apparently I set an alarm in my phone for January 19th so I wouldn't forget this very important day.
I'm happy to say that because of Andrew, I'm not signing up for eHarmony today.
Okay yes...this is really silly, but I just want to say in all sincerity that God has done a lot in this area of my life this past year. I have sought wise counsel and really changed some of my priorities. I feel like God is blessing those choices and it's cool to see how His way is always better than mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratulations! I was so looking forward to this date of awkward online romance..but hallelujah..your resolution has been fulfilled:)