Wednesday, January 14, 2009

L’Eggo my Ego




Ego is something I find myself fighting with on a regular basis. And I found myself having it out with the ego again yesterday. I think it’s one way that Satan tries to distract me from the good that God’s doing in and through me in ministry.

Last night Andrew and I were talking about all of this and he reminded me of how we’ve just gotten confused about what ministry is about.

*It’s not about who I am, but about who God is.
*It’s not about who knows me, but about who I can introduce to Christ.
*It’s not about being first, it’s about being last.

The essence of ministry is service. Being a servant isn’t usually glamorous or rewarding. It’s humbling. Think about this...


The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many Matthew 20:28 (ESV)

No comments: