Monday, July 13, 2009

Nora Nancy

Happy Birthday Nora. My neice was born at 2:33 am on Sunday July 12th, 2009. She has dark red "spikey/curly" hair. She weighed 8 lbs. and 4 oz. And she's beautiful. I haven't been able to meet her yet, but I have seen pictures and cannot wait to see her in person!

I've been excited about her since I first heard that Teresa was pregnant, but I never would have expected to feel the way I do about her now. When my mom called the other night to tell me that she was finally here, I couldn't go back to sleep for an hour. I was excited she was here, but I was sad that I wasn't there. I cried out of relief, love, and longing. When I saw her first picture yesterday, I cried again. I can't explain the feeling...I am overwhelmed with love for this little person that I have never met.



Her name, Eleanor Nancy, is a combination of my grandmothers' names. Although we have been given permission to call her Nora, it seems that my brother is determined to use her full name. Eleanor is of Greek origin and means sun ray, shining light, or compassion. Nancy is from Hebrew origin and means grace.
My brother, Ryan has done a great job keeping everyone updated on the pregnancy and arrival on his blog. You can check it out at http://www.dokteryan.blogspot.com/. He and Teresa are missionaries in Haiti and are planning to return at the end of the summer. But not before finishing out their tour of the states complete with a trip to Grandpa Tom's Cabin in Alabama at the end of this month.


Andrew and I will be making a road trip to Alabama on July 30th-August 5th to meet the newest member of the Price family and to spend much needed time with the rest of my family, a few friends, and his grandparents. I can't wait!

No comments: