Saturday, March 21, 2009

Meet The Prices: Mom

She smells like coffee, Chloe', and Clorox.

Her hands are soft, but often cold. She studies her Bible pretty much every morning with rollers in her hair and a blow dryer in her hand. She comes up with her own way to say words which makes me laugh. She's always in the kitchen cooking something wonderful when I'm at home. She loves food the way I do and enjoys trying new recipes like me. She loves peanut butter on a spoon with a glass of milk on the side. She's tried her hand at quilting, piano, flute, and is now knitting (thanks to Teresa). She's made three scarves for me since Christmas. She's exactly like me or I'm exactly like her-the way that we think and feel and respond. She worries too much and doesn't give herself enough credit at times. She makes me laugh like no one else. She looks a little like Sally Field in a certain light, but she's always beautiful. She's my momma.
The older I get the more I realize I'm so much like her, but not enough like her. Although she probably doesn't realize it, my mom has been such a role model for me in many areas of life. I hope that someday I will be the kind of mother that she has been to me, have the kind of heart that she has for others, follow Jesus the way that she does, and love a husband the way she has loved my dad. She's more of a friend these days than ever before. I miss her often, but don't see her or talk to her nearly enough. Wish I could be there for her birthday on Sunday, but for now this will have to do. Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And.....She make the best pecan crusted chicken EVER!!!!