Thursday, March 11, 2010

In Case You Haven't Heard...

Andrew Goolsby and I are getting married.




I think from early on in our relationship, Andrew and I have known that we were headed toward marriage. In the Fall of 2009, we started talking more seriously about making plans to get married. We celebrated one year together on November 2nd, and soon after we started shopping for an engagement ring. As Christmas got closer, I was really hoping that Andrew would take advantage of the holiday to propose, but he had me convinced that it would be a while...
Our Christmas vacation started off with a trip to New Orleans for my seminary graduation. On the morning of my graduation, I was running late to pick up Andrew for breakfast. When I came to pick him up I was stressing over every little thing. We switched seats so that he could drive and he handed me my graduation present and convinced me to calm down and enjoy the day.
He handed me a pink bag and said "Open the gift first and then read the card." I took out a pretty journal and an iPOD arm band (which he gave me so that I could keep my iPhone with me during the graduation ceremony.) Then I said "Can I read the card now?". He said "Nope...there's something else in there." In the bottom of the bag was the little ring box holding the most beautiful ring ever. I took the box out and I was like,

"What are you doing?!"
He said "Well, will you marry me?"
I, of course, said"Yes"And then the tears started coming.
As I read the card, I saw that it said "I love you" which was something we had been waiting to say to each other. I looked at him and he said "I love you, Lauren." Through a muffled hug and tears I said "I love you too" It was a really sweet moment that I'll never forget.


Throughout the entire graduation ceremony, I was distracted by the sparkle of my ring. It was so fun to go through that day knowing that Andrew and I would soon be starting our life and ministry together. I think he picked a great weekend to propose because both of our families were in New Orleans and we got to celebrate with everyone after the graduation ceremony. It was a great day!
If you haven't gotten enough of us, you can read every single detail of our story and pick out gifts for us at our wedding website http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/laurenprice&andrewgoolsby